Ibiza is full of the usual tourist attractions that everyone knows about, from the clubs to the beaches. But if you want to head off the beaten track and see something a bit different, the mythical rock of Es Vedra is just the sight for you – you might even benefit from its fabled spiritual effects.
Es Vedra is a small rocky island just off the south-west coast of Ibiza. While it’s uninhabited, the island is shrouded in myths and legends, including the rock being the tip if the lost city of Atlantis. From being said to be home to sirens and sea-nymphs to a place where giants ventured to gather rock samphire, Es Vedra is linked to many incredible stories and Spanish tales. Some people have even claimed to have seen UFOs around the island and have gone as far to say there’s a secret base under the sea here.
For people interested in spiritual and magnetic energies, Es Vedra is a hidden gem that’s a must visit. According to those that have passed the little island, it has powerful healing energies and positive auras, with some even claiming it’s the third most magnetic place on earth, falling behind only the North Pole and the Bermuda Triangle. It’s the stories behind Es Vedra that’s captivated Ibiza tourists for years, with many heading back to view the stunning sight again and again.
Aside from the mystery that surrounds Es Vedra, it’s still an incredible and beautiful place to visit as part of your holiday and what better way to do it than via boat? With a chartered boat or yacht you can get up close to the island and view it from all sides – making the obligatory wish when it first comes into sight.
On board one of our yachts or boats, you’ll fully be able to appreciate the view of Es Vedra and experience a trip that’s tailored just for you. In comfort and in style you’ll not only sail across the stunning blue waters that surround the mythical rock but be able to take in the beautiful shoreline and other sights too.
When you picture the perfect place to relax and soak up the sun on holiday, you’re likely to be thinking of beautiful white sandy beaches and clear blue waters. If that’s what you’re after, Ibiza’s little sister island – Formentera – is the place to head on a day trip.
Formentera might be just a 40-minute boat trip from the famous white isle of Ibiza but you’ll feel like you’ve been transported to the Caribbean when you arrive at this tranquil, beautiful island. For a laidback break and an opportunity to experience some of the most stunning beaches in the world, planning a trip to the smallest of Spain’s Balearic Islands is an absolute must.
Compared to the busy and heady beaches of Ibiza, those of Formentera are practically deserted, attracting all kinds of day trippers to its shores.
Playa Illetes is one of the most popular beaches on the island thanks to its convenient location and clear waters. But if you’re looking for something more secluded, there’s a beautiful Formentera beach for you, including Cala Saona, El Tuburon, or Playa Tanga.
Of course, if you want a beach that’s surrounded by bars, restaurants, and has plenty of water sports on offer too, Formentera can cater for that as well. It’s not just relaxing you can get up to, the unspoilt beaches are away from the usual tourist traps. Instead, you’re given the incredible chance to snorkel, dive, or fish surrounded by breath-taking nature as you take in the diversity of the marine life and the serene atmosphere.
Whether you want to give windsurfing a try or plan to kick back with a cocktail, the beaches of Formentera offer the perfect vista for your holiday.
While it’s Formentera’s famous beaches that draw tourists in, there are other reasons to charter a boat across from Ibiza too. On the island, you’ll find enticing cycle routes, charming, traditional Spanish villages, and friendly places to eat or have a drink as you admire the view.
The beautiful beaches of Formentera are easily accessible from Ibiza and you can charter your own private boat or yacht for a truly luxurious and memorable trip.
Ibiza’s been a top holiday destination for years but it’s still becoming more popular, with celebrities gracing its shores too. Luckily, you can experience the celeb style on the white isle without blowing your budget, from chartering a yacht to visiting some of the world’s most beautiful beaches with a cocktail in hand.
As well as the celebrity DJs you can party the night away too, including David Guetta and Bob Sinclar, celebs head to Ibiza to soak up the atmosphere as much as any other tourist. The likes of Anne Hathaway, Kate Moss, Cristiano Ronaldo, Leonardo DiCaprio, and many more have all made trips to Ibiza in the last couple of years. Take a page out of their book and make your holiday just as luxurious and fun with these five ways to embrace the celeb lifestyle.
- Hire a villa – Hiring a private villa on Ibiza doesn’t have to cost a fortune and can really give you a sense of living the celeb lifestyle, especially if you pick one with a pool. With the extra room, you can even give going out for a night a miss and let the party come to you instead.
- Get on the guest list – The island is filled with events throughout the summer season and who you know could make your night. Do some networking and get put on the guest list or book a VIP table for a partying experience that you won’t forget at some of Ibiza’s biggest clubs.
- Nurse your hangover in style – Drank a little too much? Don’t let that ruin your holiday plans. There are plenty of places to get out and nurse your hangover in style. Head to Amante for gorgeous beach views, incredible food, and comfy loungers to kick back and relax on as you prepare for another Ibiza night.
- Charter a yacht – There’s no better way to embrace the celeb style than chartering your own private yacht for a day, giving you a unique view of the island. It doesn’t mean blowing your budget either. We’ve got boats and yachts to suit all budgets and styles.
- Head to Formentera – Formentera is a little island around 40 minutes from Ibiza and it’s well-known for its sandy white beaches – some of the most beautiful in the world. In fact, it’s the perfect place to head for some tranquil sunbathing or energetic water sports and you’ll see plenty of luxury yachts moored along the shores.
A superyacht tender has crashed into a superyacht in Ibiza, according to images that surfaced on Facebook today (July 14).
Reports claim the tender crashed into a 38 metre Custom Line yacht, suggesting the tender originated from Le Grand Bleu but this has not been verified.
Two crewmembers were allegedly driving the tender and fell off, according to the original poster of the photos. He claimed they weren’t wearing a kill cord and reported that it circled for 15 minutes whilst doing 30 knots.
The tender hit another yacht twice before it smashed through the hull of the Custom Line superyacht.
“Very lucky that nobody was hurt,” said Matt Cole. “Very scary thing to witness.”
The post on Facebook racked up 50 comments within the first few hours, with many questioning the behaviour of the crew driving the tender.
It’s not known which yacht the tender crashed into, but some have suggested it is Lady Dia, a 37.81m Feretti Custom Line superyacht that was delivered in 2011.